Dear Polk Nation,
The health and safety of our Polk Nation Family is a high priority. We want to keep you informed regarding the steps we are taking as a company regarding the ongoing news around Coronavirus (COVID-19), and that we are monitoring the situation through reliable resources like the Texas Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and all of our local Emergency Management Officials. Since the situation is continually evolving, we will monitor all agency developments and guidance to supply you with the most up to date information available.
We realize that with any new illness there is uncertainty and concern. We ask that you help partner with us and concentrate on the facts and preventative measures. Effective immediately, we are taking additional steps to provide a healthy environment for our team and to limit the spread of germs in our offices and jobsites:
- We are implementing additional cleaning measures this week in our DFW & HSN offices, including daily cleaning and more extensive cleaning of desktops, keyboards and other surfaces commonly touched by hands.
- CDC recommends washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as the best way to get rid of germs. (especially before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing)
- In addition to recommending hand washing, we are taking steps to ensure we can continue to have necessary products (hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes) on hand to promote hygiene and clean workplaces.
- Due to consumer panic buying and the resultant supply shortages, there may be times when we temporarily run low or run out. We will replenish as soon as we can.
- We have discontinued out of state and international travel
- We are recommending all employees follow CDC guidelines for the spread of germs.
- If you are feeling sick or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath, seek medical attention and do not come to work.(notify your supervisor and wait for return to work authorization from the HR department)
- Currently, the CDC recommends that employees remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Stop handshaking; use other non-contact methods of greeting.
- Use disinfectant wipes for high-contact surfaces and shared tools frequently.
- Avoid close contact with people that you know are sick
- Do not order buffet-style meals for office meetings; box lunches are acceptable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and keep safe distances from others whenever possible.
- We have formed a COVID-19 Response team that will convene regularly to monitor the latest developments and address any changes to our jobsite or office operations.
- We understand that some schools and daycares where our employees live have elected to close and employees may be concerned with taking time off to care for themselves or for family members. If you have any questions or concerns please contact HR immediately so that we can help address your situation.
We will continue to monitor the situation and are committed to providing timely updates during this fluid situation…stay tuned.
Fran McCann, President/CEO