Is It Safe? Make It Safe
At Polk Mechanical we made a strategic and proactive decision to implement a Safety Revival campaign company wide and on a large scale. It was not only to impact the hundreds of Polk Mechanical employees but everyone around them as well.
What were our key elements of the Safety Revival?
Today, our safety programs have set a tone on the job site to the point that contractors are requesting our presence versus hard bidding. At Polk Mechanical we are committed to everyone’s safety and improving every year.
- Establish a Behavioral Safety Committee that
meets weekly on topics such as Safe Behavior vs.
At Risk Behavior
- Build around a common theme – “Is It Safe?
Make It Safe!”
- Buddy System complete with a work stoppage
card carried by every employee for unsafe
- Daily PATH (Primary Assessment of Tasks &
Hazards) meetings at the crew level with daily
revolving Safety Coach
- Redesigned safety training programs to include
lab exercises and identification of the 5 At Risk
- Polk Shining Star Award for monthly employee